The British Council, UK’s international organization for cultural relations and educational opportunities, has invited students to apply for a £3,000 scholarship towards the tuition fee of those applying for the 2020-21 session.
According to the statement, a total of 10 candidates who’ve taken the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test from the British Council and want to study abroad will get the scholarship
While explaining the requirements, the organization explained, “The personal statement is your chance to tell your story and is crucial in the selection process. It should describe your reasons for applying for a particular course and in what ways you expect your study experience to make a difference in your life and those around you. Write no more than 500 words.”
Eligible Criteria for the scholarship
- Age limit: 18 years or above
- Have taken IELTS test with British Council between January 2019 & February 2020
- Live in the country you’re applying from
- Have an overall IELTS band score of five or above
- Be applying for a 1st-year under/graduate degree in autumn 2020/Spring 2021
- Be applying to an institution that requires IELTS as part of its admission process.
How to apply:
Visit the given link to apply:
Click on ‘Apply Now’
Sign up and fill the application form
- IELTS Test Report Form
- Recent passport size photograph
- Passport or identification document proving your permanent residency in one of the eligible countries.
- Special requirements certificate (if applicable)
Submit your applications before 30th February 2020.
About the British Council
The British Council, founded in 1934, is the UK’s international organization for cultural relations and educational opportunities. They work with more than 100 countries in the fields of education, arts and culture, English language, and civil society.